Marine and Freshwater Sciences
- Centre for Offshore Oil, Gas and Energy Research - "COOGER is the Centre for Offshore Oil, Gas and Energy Research, and we’re a Centre of Expertise within Fisheries and Oceans Canada, and what we are, we’re a virtual centre that pulls together scientists from across the country to tackle environmental issues related to the energy sector in the ocean."
- COOGER Arctic - The video provides the rationale for conducting controlled oil spill experiments in the Arctic by the Centre for Offshore Oil, Gas and Energy Research (COOGER) with international collaborators, to assess the environmental risk of oil spills, and to develop and validate improved remediation technologies.
- Aquaculture Science - The three great oceans that surround Canada form one of this country’s greatest assets. Ensuring the sustainability of their aquatic resources is the challenge that scientists at Fisheries and Oceans Canada take on every day.
- Oasis of the Deep - Oasis of the Deep: Cold Water Corals of Canada is an educational look at stunning corals of Atlantic Canada captured on video. The fascinating footage is accompanied by an in-depth explanation of the significance and range of the corals off the coast of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Institute of Ocean Sciences - The Institute of Ocean Sciences, or IOS, located in Sidney, British Columbia, is an important link in Fisheries and Oceans Canada's nationwide chain of major scientific facilities.
This series of documentaries depicts the lives and scientific contributions of pioneering scientists in marine biology and oceanography in Canada. The series was originally produced between 1994 and 2004 by the First Fisheries Science Documentary Society under the guidance of Department of Fisheries and Oceans scientist Dr. Richard Beamish.
- Date Modified: