AWARDS / EDUCATION
Master of Science, University of Guelph
Honours Bachelor of Arts, University of Guelph
S&T Policy Advisor
CURRENT S&T / RESEARCH
Analyze EC science and its relevance for policy and programs; Communicate science information to a multi-sectoral user audience
- Strengthen linkages between science and policy communities through a range of initiatives, including S&T into Action and the Strengthening Science-Policy Study Series
- Synthesize and communicate EC science and technology and its relevance for program management and decision making
- Investigate approaches for science users to inform the research agenda
- Develop evaluative metrics to assess the receptivity and utility of science information by the user community, and the ability of science users to advise the research agenda
- Facilitate the development of a dedicated Knowledge Translation and Knowledge Brokering Community of Practice to provide a forum for discussion and action
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES / INTERESTS
Effective science writing for a targeted audience; Improved science tools and products to inform decision making
Canadian Arctic science and Arctic governance; Climate change science and adaptive measures
ArcticNet Inc. 2007. 2006-2007 ArcticNet Annual Report. Québec, 110 p.
ArcticNet Inc. 2006. ArcticNet Newsletter, Volume 1, Number 2. Québec, 12 p.
ArcticNet Inc. 2006. ArcticNet Newsletter, Volume 1, Number 1. Québec, 12 p.
Dawson, J.C. 2004. Identifying vulnerability to climate change and the challenges of adaptation for Canada's coastal communities. Proceedings from C-CIARN Coastal Zone and C-CIARN Fisheries Workshop at the Ocean Management Research Network (OMRN) National Conference 2003. C-CIARN Coastal Zone Report 04-2, 20 p.
Dawson, J.C. 2003. Canada's coastal zone and climate change. Proceedings of the 2003 Canadian Coastal Conference, Kingston, ON.
- Date Modified: