That’s a wrap! Science Odyssey 2016 has been a huge success, and it’s all thanks to you!
We had no doubts that Science Odyssey would bring together different sectors from our rich Canadian STEM community through one impactful, collective effort. The magnitude of success we had this year would have not been possible without the participation and engagement of all the organizations hosting an event and the public who attended in great numbers. Together we made it happen!
Join us in 2017
Save the dates for Science Odyssey 2017! We will be celebrating science, technology, engineering, and mathematics from Friday, May 12 to Sunday, May 21, 2017.
Coinciding with Canada’s 150th anniversary celebrations, Science Odyssey 2017 will provide a unique opportunity to showcase the richness of Canada’s science and innovation culture.
Don’t miss it! It will be even more spectacular!
Ten days of discovery and innovation
Embark with us on a Science Odyssey, a collaborative event geared to engage and inspire Canadians of all ages with accomplishments and activities in science, technology and engineering and mathematics.
Come and celebrate with us!
Science Odyssey brings together a series of fun activities across the country from Friday, May 6 to Sunday, May 15, 2016. Events go from science-to-the –streets celebrations, to visits to labs, science fairs, talks and conferences, school field trips, encounters with researchers and scientists, museums and science centres special exhibits, community organizations hosting scientific events, online activities, and much more.
What is Science Odyssey?
- Science Odyssey evolved from the National Science and Technology Week (NSTW) to a celebration of science from the whole of Canada’s prolific scientific community.
- Events will come from federal government scientific research and technological initiatives; it will also serve as an occasion to showcase the excellence in science, technology and engineering housed at Canadian universities, colleges and polytechnics; it is also an opportunity to highlight the work of many other institutions, community organizations and groups dedicated to science promotion activities.
- Science Odyssey is a collaborative event led by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) in collaboration with many other federal departments and agencies and community organizations.
Why is Science Odyssey important?
- Celebrates science and creates public awareness of Canadian achievements in science and technology.
- Brings science to the streets and opens the doors to labs, museums, research centres, and many other science institutions and organizations.
- Showcases science, technology, engineering and mathematics in a fun and entertaining way to motivate, engage and inspire kids and general audiences in these fields.
- Builds on the success of existing science promotion activities, while adding some new, innovative and captivating experiences.
- Is a connection point that brings together researchers, scientists, government, academia, community organizations, museums and science centres, to bring them closer to the general public with the aim to have fun with science.
How can you participate?
- Anyone can participate by taking part in the hundreds of activities planned around Science Odyssey, or by volunteering to help, or by organizing a science-related event or activity.
- Consult the list of events and choose where you want to go.
- Check out the list of Science Odyssey partners and find out what they can offer you.
- Plan your own science event. Science Odyssey offers you online resources, ideas, tips and easy-to-do activities.
- Find examples, events and role models to help engage and motivate kids to explore science and its relevance to their own lives.
- Use Science Odyssey social media channels to promote events and activities; share information, pictures, videos, comments; use Science Odyssey hashtag #OdySci.
- Date Modified: